Sunday, April 27, 2008

Your Friend's Friends and The Things That Happened Last Night

So today is Monday. For once, i''m not really pissed that it's that day today. Haha, that's because today, i'm going to school for the yearbook planning. haha, that means i don't have to attend my summer job. yeah man! (dances happily)

Of course, there are other reasons. I miss the school. I miss the newsroom. I miss being late, I miss kicking the wall. I feel so... kuya whenever i pass those corridors. Who won't be? I'm a freaking graduate.

I wonder how everyone is doing. I know my friends are doing well; someone even makes it a daily habit of texting me everyday. Talk about going gay, eh?

But what about the others? Y'know. The people that are your friend's friends that you didn't really get to know more about. The people that say hi! or uy! whenever you pass them at the corridors. You don't really know a lot nor do you hang around them often, but they're your friends nonetheless.

Eh. What am i worrying about? I bet they're doing okay. They might even be hanging around a beach resort. Or a cafe. Or a restaurant.

Stop worrying. Relaaaax. Haha.

-------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------

Last night, I heard Mass, and the wind was very peaceful. The kind of wind that caresses you when you stand, the kind of wind that makes you believe that you're not the only one, but a part of bigger piece.

Anyway, our parish is a large one, complete with a playground, a court and a nice lot of green grass. The parish itself is a circular structure elevated with a three step staircase. Separating the inside of the parish and the outside is a space, which is also elevated, separating it from the bushes below.

That space is The Space, the place where i usually stand. Everybody knows that unless needed, i don't enter the parish itself. I stay at that space and listen to everything. Hey - to each his own. Besides, there are many forms of worship, and that just turned out to be mine.

So aun. The priest was saying, "Sino ba ang mas mahal ng isang ina? Ang anak na pasaway, o ang anak na masunurin?"

Then i thought, "Parehas."

Then he said "Siyempre, ang batang masunurin..."

Freaky. I don't know if i'm wrong thinking like that, or even if i'm wrong posting that here. It just feels freaky, you know. F.R.E.A.K.Y.

1 comment:

- said...

i didn't think i read this post before. wooow. dammit. just as i think i'm getting that close from being that good in writing, you suddenly post a hidden post that i haven't seen before and quote one of the coolest lines ever created. i'll quote this sometime soon too. DAMMIT. angas.

So aun. The priest was saying, "Sino ba ang mas mahal ng isang ina? Ang anak na pasaway, o ang anak na masunurin?"

Then i thought, "Parehas."

Then he said "Siyempre, ang batang masunurin..."