Wednesday, April 23, 2008

The Amazing Race, UST leg.

Wooohoooo! I just got home, and i uber walked my legs out IN THE SUN, I swear i lost about at least a jillion of my brain cells.

Most people acknowledge the fact that i am a late sleeper; i usually sleep at about 12 or 2 in the morning back in highschool. Of course, it doesn't mean that i get up early.

And that's exactly what happened. I was planning on waking up at 5 am, cause people were telling me to just camp it out at ust than to wait at least three hours in the heat. I prepared everything the night before, prayed to God and slept peacefully.

Too peacefully.

I woke up at around 6 am. Of course, my first action was to cuss myself silently. Then i ran downstairs and was shocked to find out that not even a piece of bread was toasted. I ran upstairs, convincing myself that it would be better to just skip breakfast altogether and just concentrate on getting there. I jumped into the shower and turned on the shower at full blast without realizing...

I was still wearing clothes.

In addition, the water was uber hot.

I began to hyperventilate.

I ran out of the house with a piece of pandesal in my mouth. Thankfully, i caught an Fx quickly. After that, it was smooth sailing.

When i finally got there, there were already people. So maaany people. Again, so maaaaaany people walking here and there. Thankfully, the scenery was good(I mean the trees. HAHA.), so it didn't exactly cause immediate pissed-off mode.

Despite how i look, i'm good at following directions. Thanks to that(and a super duper helpful desk assistant, haha), i finally led my carcass to the 2nd step - Choosing a PE class.

The available classes were 1) arnis, 2) badminton, 3)volleyball, 4)korfball, 5)folk dance 6)fitness and 7) swimming.

The first thought that hit my head was not what to choose, but must i really choose? i mean, i know i said in one of the previous posts that new things were welcome, but it's really strange when everything comes down to it. I guess it's hard to throw out old habits. Memories of being thrown the ball that literally sent me flying(i was only six, damnit.) and volleyball balls that seemed to declare my head their own dartboard came rushing back.

The second thought, however, was a line that some wise guy said(aristotle, i think) Change is the only thing permanent in this world.

So aun. I ended up taking korfball(whatever that is) and arnis.

After filling up the form, we were shown the way into the gymnasium and here's where i finally got my ass enrolled. Yeah. Three cheers! Actually it wasn't really hard at all. I give the UST attending staff an eleven out of ten. They were really considerate, especially the one at the gate with the incredibly black eyes. Wow.

As i was making my way out of the gate, i noticed that there were still some agendas left - the picture taking for the ID, and the uniform, which were both handled with ease.

Naah. Guess who looks like a zombie in his ID.

yap. you got it. I look like i'm a friggin zombie. I dunno, whenever i remove my glasses, my eyes just.. shrink. Sheesh. Namaaaan. Add the fact that i've been running across people AND IT'S FREAKING SUMMER TIME, so aun. I look like a zombie, drenched in Chemical S. S for sweat.

Good thing i have a few things to look forward too. Went to Quiapo after, and finally landed me a copy of SAIKANO, a show i've been dying to see. It's about a shy girl who somehow ends up being a weapon, capable of destroying the whole world. But no matter how powerful she is, she still ends up in love. I'm a sucker for this kind of shows, you see.

And so that ends the UST venture.

-----------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------

PS. by the way, my block is 1-PSY5, so if any of you guys are reading this, hello.

2 comments:

diremelancholy said...

Haha! So the race ends in Quiapo, where you bought a DVD for this cool anime? You could have used that time to go home instead and download that anime in a torrent file!

- said...

ngayon ko lang din nabasa tong post na to. i missed alot of things.


SAIKANO? NAPANOOD KO NA YAN. EVEN BEFORE I STARTED SHOOTME, EVEN BEFORE YOU WERE BORN. =))

nah kidding about the you were born part. ang cute kaya ng movie na yun! :D