Thursday, April 3, 2008

Chronicling Grad Day

Okaaaay. So i'm back here, once again. For starters, this would officially be my 4th blog, but only the 2nd when we talk about the blog that i've taken seriously. The 1st and the 2nd all started in here, at blogspot. Sorry i forgot about the links.

By the way, my name is Ding. Ding Sumatra. Of course, Ding is a nickname.

aun. Let's start with what happened yesterday up to today, shall we? Not that you can refuse - I've already jotted it in memory.

Yesterday was graduation. But let's rewind before that. Yesterday morning, my friend and I went to UST to confirm our slots for college. He, Arvin, taking up BS Biology and yours truly taking up BS Psychology. Talk about paranoid - we arrived super early; 6 am to be exact. Turns out, confirmation wasn't due to open for another two hours.

Fast forward, right up to me walking up to the Dean Representative. Interesting kind of person she was; she kept calling my attention to all of the things i forgot at the table.

DR: Mr. Sumatra? (holds up my SAS envelope) I think this is yours?
DR: Mr. Sumatra? Your 1x1 id picture please, thanks you.

Wow. I'm betting the people intelligent enough to put 1 and 1 together could now understand what my name was. Thanks a lot, DR.

I was trying to save face when bang! In enters a lady also confirming her Psychology slot. She forgot her pen, so being the person most near and with most of the documents finished neatly, i gave her mine to write on. Yap, i gave her my pen. I remember thinking Hope she remembers my face as i gestured goodbye. Sheeesh.

Fast Forward. Afternoon, graduation day.

Hectic. TAE, my mom, who was supposed to come on 1 pm, came at a little to two thirty. I wasn't panicked back then. The grad proper was on 3:30 pm, anyway.

Fast Forward. A little minutes after she entered the room. She held my neat store provided ready to wear tie and pulled a little to too strong. The knot, which by the way looked really cool, slid off and boom. I was left with nothing but a tie, not the neat store provided ready to wear kind of tie. Thanks a lot mom.

I checked the clock. 3 pm. By this time, i was already dreading the moment i came late; opening the gym doors, basking in the gaze of 242 graduates plus their parents.

Snapped back to reality. Swore it would never happend.

We hailed a cab at around 3:10. There was still hope left. My mom and kid bro plopped in the back seat as i asked the driver to take us to my school, Saint Andrew's School.

Driver: Sent Andrus Schuol? San ho ba un?

All hope vanished. Plop.

No comments: