Saturday, April 5, 2008

I'll Write You a Story...

So this morning, I went to Cubao, for a seminar concerning my summer job as an SJT(summr job trainee). Basically, it means that Mercury Drug has a new slaaaave

What does my job entail? The usual things employees do; the only difference is that i get a much lower salary of 108php per day.

Argh. My primary incentive was the money. I willingly joined the SJT cause i thought that the pay would be 180php - that was the salary i was told of by my dear sweet mother. I mean, for four weeks with 6 days a week; that would net me about 4k. My mouth salivates at the thought of all the sundaes i could buy with that kind of money.

But. It turns out reality is not kind. For four weeks with 6 days a week, i'll be getting about 2k only. That's half my former estimate.

Then again, it's not bad. I guess it'll be another of those stories-to-tell-your-kids kind of moments. I can just imagine myself going...

D: Hey kids, d'you know daddy once worked at a summer job at Mercury?
K: (too busy playing some game on a high tech machine to even notice).

Sheesh.

So anyway, I'll be working at Mercury's at Lopez, Sucat branch, so if you're by the area, stop by. Watch me make my story. y

No comments: