Saturday, July 31, 2010

What I Realized This Weekend

Mood: haah?
Now Playing: nothing


Yeah, im just dropping in to say that this week ended pretty much okay. Thankfully the things that bothered me at the start, resolved themselves all on their own. It's fucking amazing, actually. But it's not to say it stressed the living hell out of me; it really freaking did. Every night it's a struggle to stay awake, a struggle to open my eyelids. It's really.. i dunno. Tiring.

------------------------------------------------------------------------------------

Pretty good Sunday. Woke up at around 7, got out of bed a few minutes past 12 to a lunch of pretty fucking tasty kare-kare. Shiiit. Ate with the family today, and gorged myself on delicious cupcakes for dessert. At 3, tita whipped up some delishus canton and drinks and bread and as a result, i ate again. Still feeling the effects of all the food i ate, and that's not counting the chicken mom brought the night before.

Life is tasty.

------------------------------------------------------------------------------------

So after CSJ's general assembly this saturday, i found myself at Hidalgo again. It's a sort of mental tick; when in doubt, go to Quiapo. When depressed, go to Quiapo. When everything's fine, go to Quiapo. I dunno.

Went wandering the streets for a while, and was sorely tempted to eat the streetside chicken chicken. Brought a few DVDs and some PC games, said hello to the church and walked the bridge to the post office. Was sorely tempted to buy some trinkets at the underpass, but naah. Figured i could do without it, anyway.

-------------------------------------------------------------------------------------

Some thoughts on this week's happenings:

I always remind myself to write. To practice the craft of mixing thoughts into paper, to immerse myself in the incredulity that is today. Writing has never been easy, regardless of what people tell you. You are your worst critic, and time is both your enemy and your friend.

That's all i have to say about it, for now. *exit stage right*

-------------------------------------------------------------------------------------

I think Das is going to buy a guitar today. I'm pretty stoked about it, since it's been a while since i've played anything on any instrument. (Save the piano at rm 318, and that doesn't even count as i had no idea what i was doing, though i trust my 'instructor' would have a few words to say about the subject) I kind of miss it, i guess. I'm no guitar player, i just know a handful of chords, and that's it. But the thing is, everything has a beginning, and sometimes when they don't it's up to you to make one.

^ above principle applies to life in general too, i guess.

2 comments:

Paola Jane ♥ said...

When depressed, go to Quiapo. When everything's fine, go to Quiapo. I dunno.
--just one of the few things that could really make us 'brain twins'. :)

dar said...

YIS, I KNOW. HAHA! strange, though. :)) binondo is good, toooooo. xDD