Tuesday, August 10, 2010

To Sophie,

This is a long, long overdue post.

People think it's weird for me to name things. To enumerate, i have an iPod named Elizabeth, a desktop pc named User, cellphones named Marx (MIA) and Jeeplings, and of course, the cake on top of the icing, a laptop named Sophie.

Sophie is fucking awesome. She's seen me on my worst days, and all of the days more worse than worse days. I guess as someone who aspires to write, sophie was like a huge venting machine. Ideas for novels, short stories and the like flooded her every now and then. She knows how fucking infuriating it is for me to have a dozen word documents open, full of half baked ideas and crap. She knows how hard it is for me to stop surfing the net whenever there's something interesting afloat the webspace. She knows how that weird stain on my shirt got there in the first place.

She knows how much i really really really like mirai shida and horikita maki. She knows how i fail so much when i try and write a novel, and yes, she knows that that for the record, the highest number of chapters i have ever written for a single novel is just a single digit. She knows how much i slip up and fuck up. She knows where i keep the keys to everything. She knows how i like to sleep in during the day with music.

She knows how much i cried at fucking drama movies. She knows what my 1st published article is. She know how much i liked to edit videos and stuff, she knows the right programs, the right pace, the right games. She fucking knows me.

And now i am faced with the fact that i may indeed have to invest in another unit, another one like sophie. And honestly, im sorely tempted to do so; who wouldn't want another laptop unit, possibly even better than sophie could ever hope to be?

But no. I'll save this lunk of metal even it drains me.

-------------------------------------------------------------------------------------

More visceral version:

EVEN IF IT FUCKING DRAINS ME, YOU PIECE OF FUCKING COCK METAL ASS SHIT. I shall save you, because i miss yooooou. GDMIT SOPHIE. Getfucking better soon.

No comments: