Tuesday, June 30, 2009

Storytelling


Mood: tired
Now Playing: wedding bell, depapepe


*I'm writing this with a runny nose, a horribly aching throat, and a sword-of-damocles-kind-of-deadline.*

In my drive for self-change, self-fulfillment and whatever, i have decided to try smiling instead of using cuss words. For example, if i someone want eaten, flagellated, burned on a thin piece of bamboo pole or simply dead, i will just stand there, hold my ground, stretch my skin back and smile like there's no damn tomorrow.

And it works! Children have fainted, screaming and flailing their stupid, pathetic arms. Garbage bags have exploded. Icky green creatures have been addressing me as their "master". I am so damn cool! :)

Okay, enough with the cheap literary tricks. But, i can assure you, i will indeed practice that swear-a-smile-campaign.

------------------------------------------------------------------------------------

The thing about being a Daryl is the innate randomness. Call me cliche, but sorry dear stupid folks; that's how this lump of flesh was made. So i have decided to cut my sad posts to a minimum, partly in order to lessen the dread my friends feel whenever im in the room (i feel i'm like wearing this huge neon sign on my head: "SUICIDE CANDIDATE") and yeah, for self-preservation purposes too.

Another thing. I think someone said to me when i was a kid: when in doubt, get a haircut. I believe it was one of my numerous uncles or aunts or whatever that said to me this Freudian phrase. As to why or how this may came to be, i have no idea.

-----------------------------------------------------------------------------------

So last Saturday, i was damn ill. As in seriously ill. My temperature kept skyrocketing up to 40 degrees then ballooning gently down to 37. After a few more hours, i'd skyrocket up to 40 degrees again. Then down to 37. Then 40. Then 37. Then 40.Then... anyway. You get the picture. At first, i was damn afraid. Swine flu scared the shit out of me. "What if i infect the whole damn school?" I could just imagine the look of my tombstone; "Here lies Daryl, the stupid kid with the stupid swine flu".

Great.

But, as it turns out, i don't have the flu after all. Don't ask me exactly what this is, i just call it cough-runny-nose-combo. Yeah.

It's weird when you're sick, by the way. As i laid on my back, i kept fantasizing about the different ways to die. Wait, come back! This is not an emo post, i assure you.

So aun, anyway. Ways to die.

Scenario no.1 involved me falling down a staircase and my head just did a flying saucer leap before finally landing at my feet.

Scenario no.2 involved me accidentally stopping my breath (yeah, i know. HOW DOES ONE ACCIDENTALLY STOP ONE'S BREATH?)

and many more galore.

------------------------------------------------------------------------------------

So last night, as i staggered away from the bathroom after tooth brushing for the nth time, my aunt offered me a massage. I shrugged. Why not?

What happened after defies explanation as my aunt literally mashed my body - my pressure points - and the odd thing is, it was damn working.

Turns out, there are like points everywhere on the body where body stress sort of accumulates. (Notice how carefully i use the words "like" and "sort of"; i have no solid idea) And it's not exactly obvious, too; pinch the tendons in the shoulders, and that's the point for coughs. Pinch the space between the index and thumb finger, that's the point for when you have a stomach ache. Pinch the space behind the eyes... wait, what?

So for the next hour and a half, my body was bagang! kazaang! kapow! and i swear, my temperature went down to 36, and stayed there until morning. cooly!

------------------------------------------------------------------------------------

and to rb and papaya, thanks guys. ye really helped. swear. although i read your comments a bit late(okay, damn late), comments like that help people get through murky waters. By the way, did you guys know that i also accept money donations? xP pwahahaha. But yeah. Seriously, thanks guys.

No comments: