Wednesday, May 14, 2008

It's Been a Getaway.

I'm feeling sort of..elated happy today. I just don't know why. Haha, maybe it's the weather - cool, breezy and just with the right tinge of incoming rain. yeah mehn. :D

---------------------------------------------------------------------------------------

Last week, it hit me that my current bag wouldn't last with all the ruckus i have to do every morning, a complex ritual that involves a lot of activity on my part.

So yesterday, i managed to coerce my friends into going to southmall with me. (ever wonder whenever people say lakwatsa, it always involves a mall or another. Haha, i'm not really complaining - i don't recall a lot of solid memories before a mall was built.) So after completing my errands(bank deposits, cooperative stuff), we pushed our asses to southland.

My first thought when i entered the mall was okaaay, so we're not in paranaque anymore. Then it was closely followed by yeah mehn! haha! pwedeng pweds manggulo, wala naman nakakakilala sa min dito eh. haha!

after circling around the mall, i was forced to make a decision. which bag to buy? (yeah, i know. trivial.) AM blvd's The Beatles bag was tempting - it featured the band members in Andy Warhol style, and i love Warhol designs. There was also another with a that just screamed Alternative in neon lights, due to the fact that it looked.. well. alternative-ish.

But in the end, i picked a brown bag with the wordsmanila classic up front. There's just something about stuff that says "Philippines" that gets me. Haha, i could just imagine the spaniards yelling sucker! while i shelled out 500 bucks.

Sadly, i found out that there was no bookstore located there. Well, yeah, there were two or three, plus the all purpose national bookstore, but i lost my faith in those kind of stores the day i got a copy of a book(forgot the title, sorry) at a price half those stores were selling. haha. :P

Then we assaulted comic alley and were surprised to find out that there were posters of Suzumiya Haruhi no Yuutsu for sale already. If i'm not mistaken this series debuted in 2007 or 2006. Back then if you watched anime, you were already branded as a geek/otaku. But look now.

Looks like we're a whole nation full of geeks, eh?

Then we saw a ps2 rental shop, and we were blissfully happy for the next two hours or so. haha! call us geeks, but looks like we're still kids, after all. I think it's pretty relaxing; it looks like there are things that are never really meant for change. Nah, it's not only relaxing, it's comforting too. :D

To wrap things off, we walked the long way to the Jeep station, engaged in conversation, eating waffles - me munching on a cheese waffle, AJ savoring his Belgian chocolate and Arvin's his Meat loaf filled(which i swear to try next time).

Then i thought of college, and the new people i'm gonna meet.

I silently swore to still keep not only this, but also all of the close friends i've gathered throughout the years. Yeah, new friends are great. But i think having new and old friends is way better.

-------------------------------------------------------------------------------------

I sound like Mary Poppins. Or worse, one of those kiddie shows that promote friiieendship and looooveee.

Oh my God.

I sound like Barney now. Great. Hey, reader. The day you notice my blog's entitled Deep Sea Happiness, call me. I'll be in your debt forever.

2 comments:

Anonymous said...

the nihongo part in the last comment literally says "i love it when the rain falls".
and you actually managed to construct a nihongo sentence almost successfully, only that "desu" should be omitted and "dake" should be placed before "wakarimasu".:)

ja, kimi to nihongo de hanashitara, wakaru ka? :D

Anonymous said...

you're kidding me. you can actually understand nihongo.
but did you really just learn from animes? and i did it by punishing myself every night for two semesters just to be able to get a decent grade (and i'll be doing the same thing for three more years...).

but anyway, could you suggest some good anime titles? :D