Saturday, May 24, 2008

A Day at The Pool

Today, i spent the better part of the day at the pool. Due to the recent wart-burning incident, AKA hell, i was having 2nd thoughts about going to the pool and all. Even though the freak doctor told me it was perfectly okay to swim, i kept having doubts. I mean, we're talking about the lady that told me "Of course, the anesthesia wouldn't nullify the pain 100%" as she was burning my back mehn.

My mom is freaky, in the sense that she springs the invitation "Let's go to the pool!" as easy as asking what time it is. Of course, kids can object, but i really don't want an allowance decrease, haha.

So after much ado, we found ourselves driving to Water Camp at Laguna. The place itself was okay, really. Although it was obviously targeted for the younger audience(it only had one 5ft pool), it was pretty much okay. Eye candy.

I spent the morning reading Alice in Wonderland and Through the Looking Glass(Alice's second adventure) and was blissfully happy until 11, specifically when i turned the last page. Argh.

So i was forced to make a decision. It was either i stay put at the cottage and wait till everybody finishes their bathing( which i surmise would take a long time; accompanying us were my favorite pair of relatives with their son and daughter) Or i believe in the power of miracles and take a dip.

In the end, the heat won me over. I swear, it must have been 40 degrees or something.

-------------------------------------------------------------------------------------

The only thing worth mentioning about my dip was the fact that i lost my glasses. I can't see a fig without them, see? It started all because of the resort's attraction; The Lazy River Naturally, i had to try it. I cannonballed into the river stretching across the whole of the resort.

Which was a bad thing, as the "River" was only about three feet deep; it didn't even reached my necklace, or my chest for that matter.

As i surfaced, i was greeted by a rush of Blurry People. The appearance of the Blurry People could only mean one thing; I had lost a pair 5k glasses. (It's the lens, really. They need to make the lens thinner to fit the frame. )

"Ay Shit."

I dived again, which was pretty useless since i can't even see without my glasses, not alone under the water. Aray mehn. I approached the lifeguard and told him of my predicament.

"Ay, umagos na ho yun."
"Hindi nga manong?!"
"Oo. Umagos na yun"

Deep inside, i really wanted to punch the balls out of him. I mean, do your job, you frigging idiot! You're a lifeguard. You're supposed to save lives. If dad finds out what happened, i'm going to lose a part of my life. So do your job mehn!

Seeing as it was useless, i continued my search.

And continued.

And continued.

Finally, after encountering mom resting on the water stairs and telling her of the past events, she scrambled to help me find it.

She asked the same lifeguard i asked earlier, by the way. The lifeguard's response was the freaking same mehn. The freaking same.

"Ay, umagos na ho yun."

Thankfully, we found the glasses a few meters away. Funny enough, life has a way of playing around. My glasses were found by a pair of girls. I approached them and told them that that was mine. The older one with long hair smiled and gave it to me, while the younger one just giggled like a hyena.

We introduced ourselves, and after a while, i learned that the two were sisters and they were glasses-wearin' psychology students. We laughed about the fact that it was weird that we would just meet smack bang here, and in the weirdest possible manner. A lively two-hour conversation soon followed after that, spanning various topics, including a pretty serious discussion about politics. After that, we got up and ordered ice creams and wasted the rest of the afternoon talking.

Yeah right.

They just handed over the glasses, i thanked them sincerely enough, and swam away. Life isn't that cool to just hand out golden instances.

4 comments:

- said...

shet shet shet. haha. asteeg. amp akala ko naman totoo. yo ding. tingin ko talaga our blogs need more recognition. hahaha. amp. ang galing.

"daydream"



akala ko talaga may nakilala kang chicks amp. if only there was a way to broadcast to the world what's currently happening in our small little world. hm...

Anonymous said...

i have also experienced losing my glasses. in the sea. XD

i've been to the capital f website and read some stuff. and it's good. really good.

anyway... have you watched nodame cantabille?:o

Anonymous said...

oh yes, i did find it. the waves brought my glasses back to me. :)


i was reading a christopher pike novel not too long ago and i remembered you. still no luck in finding a book?รถ

Anonymous said...

booksale always have christopher pike novels for only 50 bucks. there are also some in UP, but they're a little more expensive. the hard-to-find ones can be found in ebay.
i already have half of his young adult titles and all of them are good.



crash into me. i love listening to dave matthews band in december. hehe. :)