Monday, December 1, 2008

Vivid Grays and the Moulin Rouge


Mood: Melancholic
Currently listening to: Butterfly, The Seatbelts


There's this thing called laziness. And there's this thing called inspiration. I'm betting that only a fine line separates the two of them. Just a hairline border.

Nah. I'm just finding an excuse to define this sudden laziness that's been gripping me nowadays. I feel like i see everything in gray.

I've been reading Gaarder again. Sigh.

If only time had a definite meaning in the dictionary.

------------------------------------------------------------------------------------

I've been taken a liking to sleeping a lot lately. It feels like i've spent most of my days sleeping in. I've dozed off numerous times in class too.

And oh. You know how bones sort of creak when you stretch them? I've been doing that a lot lately, too.

-------------------------------------------------------------------------------------

I think i'm gonna rewatch Moulin Rouge again. I'm in the mood for something romantic this evening. And nothing says romantic like Bohemian ideals and Absinthe.

Quote! This scene sent shivers down teh spine.

Christian: [to the Duke] This woman is yours now. I've paid my whore.
[to Satine]
Christian: I owe you nothing. And you are nothing to me. Thank you for curing me of my ridiculous obsession with love.

And this! Take note Zidler's last line. xP

Zidler: Send Christian away.
Satine: He will fight for me.
Zidler: Unless he believes that you don't love him.
Satine: What?
Zidler: You're a great actress, Satine. Make him believe that you don't love him.
Satine: No!
Zidler: Hurt him, Satine. Hurt him to save him. There is no other way. The show mustgo on. We are creatures of the underworld. We can't afford to love.

And of course, this.

Bohemians: [singing towards the duke] No matter what you say the show is ending our way. You've gotta stand your ground for freedom, beauty, truth, and love.

------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------

I'm grabbing a box of tissues. Bye.

No comments: