Sunday, January 18, 2009

How I Spent My Week, part 1.


Mood: Melancholic
Now Playing: I'm Always Where I Need to Be(acoustic), The Kooks


Last week has been unforgiving. People have asked me as to why i have this permafrown stamped on my face, and i just smile and curse from the inside. It's prelim week, damn it.

-------------------------------------------------------------------------------------

Sunday.
I was still reeling from a severe hangover i acquired the day before; a friend came over with a bottle of alcohol in one hand, a girl in another. And, due to reasons which will go unexplained, i have achieved a very startling resemblance to a zombie. I felt like somebody was strangling the guts out of me.

So there. I was swaying sideways as i tried my damnedest to read and understand the ppt on B.F. Skinner, a great psychologist advocating behaviorism, and was dozing off every ten seconds as i bullied my brain into understanding my biopsychology textbook, which the professor did not even teach.

I was passing out at around 2 am.

-------------------------------------------------------------------------------------

Monday.

Just like Tan in This Post, I woke up pretty late and got to school ten minutes after the start of the test. It's a good thing that a miracle happened and i managed to flag an incoming fx. Any minute later and i would be in deep, deep shit.
So aun. I was coming up the college stairs, trying to catch my wind, when i saw the people inside the room were already in the "Bowed-Head-State", indicating that they meant serious business. I looked up my mental dictionary, prayed hard to God Almighty and entered the blizzard of a classroom.

I dunno if it was an omen or something, but there were no more seats left. The proctor asked us to get some seats from the nearby classroom, which we(yes, we.) did at once, not wishing to get any more late as it is. I distinctly remember Pete, Ray and some other guys from different sections knocking on other class doors.

I was in the process of falling asleep when i heard the doors open, and in comes Shan. Lol. There were no more seats left,(duh) so out she trudges again. I imagined her knocking on the class doors as we did, asking for seats.

A few minutes before the end of the first test, and in comes Nico. Kabooyah. I remember hearing the screams and heavy distorted guitars from his silver ipod. Yes. It was that loud. To illustrate, i was sitting near the wall, on the far left side of the room, and he was at the door, at the far right side. Again, lol.

For the next two hours, i was taking my biopsych and TOL test. God knows what i was doing in those two hours, cause i sure as hell have no plans of reliving it. Yet.

-------------------------------------------------------------------------------------

Tuesday.

Eng and Fil. English was... i dunno. I didn't study for this one, so i don't have high hopes. Ugh, how did English became the modern language, anyway?

Aside. People back in highschool called me an english nut just cause i was part of the paper and the irresponsible pres of the invisible(not invincible english club.) And every single time they do that, i deny all accusations and hold up the white flag. I mean, i just happen to be dreadfully lucky - it's either i read the story beforehand, or someone from the other sections tipped me off or something.

Where was I. Aun. Fil wasn't bad. Too bad. At least it only covered chapter three, which was effing massive. I got lucky since i managed to photocopy the readings for chapter 3.9, which made up a large part of the test.

Lucky.


-------------------------------------------------------------------------------------

Wednesday.

Phil hist and Human Development.

Don't get me wrong; I love my country. It just escapes me as to why the hell do i have to know the names of the freaking governor-generals that wiped their asses on our beloved soil.

It's a good thing my class is part of this university-wide theater competition. My professor is a real badass when it comes to giving out pluses, so aun. Happy. Yeah, im terrified out of my mind at the prospect of facing other colleges, but i'm also honored y'know. It takes a lot of guts to swallow in all of that responsibility, and i'm pretty glad to know that there are a lot of guys in class that are just that - responsible.

Human development. Hrrm. I got lucky again and managed to read the chapter in the book my professor crammed in a powerpoint. But i guess everything runs out; she included a chapter which i do not have the slightest inkling about. What do i know about pregnancy?

----------------------------------------------

I think it was also today that Donnabelz, the director of the aforementioned university wide theater / competition / big part of grade, called the sounds team to begin the preliminary editing of the major song piece, Yugto, by Rico Blanco.

Composing the sounds team are the coolest people i've ever met - Ray, Camille and Nichola. Plus yours truly, and we've got four people to do such a simple sounding task; to edit the songs the dancers and actors will use in the play.

After the test, we found ourselves a table at the quadri park and set to work on Ray's laptop; setting the parts that needed editing. At first i thought editing was easy. Then i changed my mind. It is infuriating to pause the song at EXACTLY the right moment to cut it. GRaaah. You should have seen our faces.

-------------------------------------------------------------------------------------

PART 2.

No comments: