Sunday, January 4, 2009

And the Mixtape Plays in the Background


Mood: nervous
Currently listening to: sour cherry, the kills


When i woke up this morning(when i say morning, i say around 9 am), i found the whole living room a mess - the desktop drawers overturned. That signals only one thing - cleaning. AGAIN. Great.

I drag my body upstairs, start the newly downloaded Guitar Hero III and try my best to play on the keyboard. By the time i finished the game on easy(eff yeah, easy), it was late afternoon and the clutter that decorated the living room was gone.

There was this CD playing, and it contained all of the limewired songs from my junior year. Scanning the contents, i felt a weird sense of nostalgia.

-------------------------------------------------------------------------------------

Classes resume tomorrow. I can't say i'm looking forward to it now, and that's saying something. I like my university; it sort of means a lot.

It's funny, i have never felt so weak, but at the same time, so effing strong hopeful.

------------------------------------------------------------------------------------

One of the things i told myself at the start of the New Year was that i'd swear to be brave. Bravery. It sounds real neat when we say it out loud, but it stings when you know it's not that easy.

But i will try. That's what petty humans like us do.

------------------------------------------------------------------------------------

And, i also found this old picture of Chubby doing the thing he does best - being himself. This pic was taken some time before we went to the vet; i can tell that since he does not have his blue collar yet. Click to enlarge.

I miss my dog. There's nothing besides the sound of stupid tv showbiz hosts dissing showbiz stars to disrupt me anymore.

People say death is morbidly romantic, like a black rose in the moonlight. I beg to differ.
------------------------------------------------------------------------------------

4 comments:

Not Spec said...

cleaning ahahaa!! here too! EASY on guitar hero III ?! come on! you can do better than that!!! atleast try medium!!! easy is pathetic!! ahaha

Anonymous said...

haha! bili mo muna ako guitar set! takte ang hirap sa keyboaaards amps=))

Marc said...

Chubby inspired me.

Not Spec said...

guitar set?! guitar hero yan! hindi rock band!!! guitar set WTF?! ahahaha