Monday, January 12, 2009

Cough and Colds May Break my Bones...


Mood: sleepy and hungry.
Currently listening to: For You I Will, Teddy Geiger


Today was like STRESS DAY. Let me tell you the first thing i did when the clock struck twelve; NOTHING. Let me note that studying is not really a part of my behavior; it's just that this week is prelims week, and like everybody else, i am fitting in some last minute cramming sessions into my overworked brain.

Around 1 am, my eyelids felt like they've just finished a marathon. Around 2, i was slumped face-down on my desk, my notes doing some weird enactment of falling snow. Too bad there was no beauty in that, though. It was just good old Pain. I was not amused.

-------------------------------------------------------------------------------------

I managed to ride an FX at around 6, which is a miracle in itself, as FXs miraculously disappear like shit whenever the sun rises here in Paranaque.

I passed my fare, took out a crumpled reviewer reluctantly, and fell asleep almost instantaneously. I vaguely remember dreaming a bit, but that's just me.

-------------------------------------------------------------------------------------

The test was very... existentialistic. I felt myself sinking into the bowels of despair(naks, bowels of despair!). No, srsly. I was not amused. Imagine searching for a needle in a stack of photocopied readings. That pretty much sums up my biopsy test. Sigh, the professor never really gave us anything save his weird and recollection-ish experiences.

So aun. If biopsy was like searching for a needle in a stack of photocopied readings, TOL was like searching for the holy grail or something. Argh. I remember freezing my ass of in my seat, willing myself to read the mind of the person in front of me. Then i remember relaxing, before willing myself to read the mind of the person in front of me. AGAIN.

What hurts more is the fact that the things i stayed up late for only popped up occasionally, like small farts inside a big room. What made up the most of the test was the crumpled reviewer i reluctantly opened up during the morning fx. (see the 2nd division of this post)

Oh, joy. Ugh.

I'm reading my Fil notes, and again, i am not amused. :|

-------------------------------------------------------------------------------------

I am reminded of a line from one of the HP books. Dumbledore notices Harry's look of pity for the thing that was once a part of Voldemort's soul. He says to him in one of the greatest lines, i think, from the series: "Do not pity the dead, Harry. Pity the living, and above all, those who live without love."

*shivers* It's gotten so cold, don't you think?

No comments: