Tuesday, June 10, 2008

Scared Shitless (Yes, it Does Happen)

Last night, i had a dream. More of a nightmare, really. The thing is, i can't remember the details. I only know that i contains a cd with the title Marriage Murders, with a little text at the side Everybody's getting married. And killed!. The cd cover showed a groom with a bloody skull for a bride. I remember watching it, then getting the feeling that it's all familiar and stuff. I think i even realized that i was in a dream, but the cd was something from reality.

But most of all, i remember being terrified watching it. I remember how the couple, before having sex, are slaughtered, skinned and flung across the room like some bloody carpet. I think the culprit wore a mask, but i'm not so sure now.

It's all kind of hazy now, the kind of haze that makes you think that it's an ordinary writer's block, but as it turns out, it's even more.

So i wake up in the middle of the night(or was it in the morning? I could hear the faint sounds of tricycles in the distance eh), sweating and panting. My eyes flew open, registering the first thing i just had to see; an ajar closet door. A bit terrified, i closed them shut again. That was around the time i heard a lizard. I chalked it up to mere coincidence. Then i was reminded of a line from xxxholic "there is no such thing as coincidence in this world. everything is inevitable". By that time, i was more than scared. I remember wondering if lizards and dreams were an omen of things to come.

Then i looked across the dark room. Teddy and Frankenbunny, my stuffed animals, were somewhere near the region of my right side. The fan was still on. The book that i was re-reading, Alice in Wonderland and Through the Looking Glass was still near my face. The streetlight's light seeped through a crack on my orange curtains, ending in a thin line on the closet door.

Then i heard a soft thud just outside my window.

Images from my dream came flying back. I was scared shitless.

I got up in bed quietly, slipping on my glasses. I tried to remember where everything was in my room, anything that can be used for protection. The guitar was downstairs. My arnis set was inside my closet, at the topmost shelf. It would take a lot of ruckus to get that.

Then i remember my bamboo flute. It's a hard thing. It would make an excellent arnis substitute. I got out of the bed at once.

Tangina parang makuha yung flute, maglalakad pa ako sa gitna ng kwarto, papunta dun, sa kabilang pader.. Madadaanan ko pa ang bintana na sakto namang nasa gitnang pader.

Despit my better judgment and brains, i threw open the curtains unarmed to see..

nothing. Just an empty street. I thought i saw the lizard somewhere, but i'm not really sure.

Breathing a sigh of relief, i plopped back to bed again.

But not before thinking the last thought that kept me awake for about an hour or so.

Potek. Ano ung kaninang kalabog na narinig ko kanina sa labas ng bintana?!

When i woke up, i was greeted by an ajar closet door again.

No comments: