Monday, June 16, 2008

Overkilled In Five Days (Univ's First Week)

Day 1
Got up early that day, mainly because i was exhausted from yesterday's activities, thus, i slept early. After eating a hurried breakfast and taking a-not-so-hurried bath, i changed into my school uniform.

It's a simple thing actually. College of Science people are like a cross between a nurse and a businessman. Cool.

My first class, Eng101, was spent idling away the time. Prof has yet to show himself, as of the time of writing.

I've met a lot of great people that day(pao, ian, pam, jean, edge...).A lot of handshakes and nervous smiles were abound that day. Haha, understandable.

Day 2

Today, was some sort of "get-to-know-the-freshies" thing for our college. It was fucking tiring, sorry for the cussword. I mean, a tour around the campus, on foot. OMFG. I sincerely thought i'd pop my brains out or something.

Good thing i had friend to pass the break by. :P



But it was only a few moment's reprieve. Grr.

Turns out, i only got a few toe burns and an excruciating back and leg ache then. I felt really sorry for the girls that still wore heels though. Although i don't think there were any like that in our block, we're a couple of the greatest people you'll eve get to meet, haha.

There was this org fair happening. Psych students are automatically.. guess what? Tsaraan! Psych Soc members. You'll just have to choose the branch you want to be in. Naturally, i chose InfoPsych, a branch in charge of the Psych Journal. I also joined the CoS's journal, Momentum. Still have to pass the screening though. argh. :P

Day 3
A day like the usual. We got arranged according to out surnames. As usual, i got placed way in the back. Which is cool, by the way. There are a lot of great people in the area.

Books were given. Overkilled is an understatement; i have three books, two of which are the size of over sized dictionaries. Another book, Neuroanatomy, will be released next Monday. I repeat, overkilled.

Wednesday signals my pe time. So at a little before 3 pm, i trudged off to find that damned building.

I guess if one thing is universal in this world, it would also be the innate and unique mindset of guards. They point you to their buddies. And once you get to the said buddy, he'll point you to another buddy. This cycle continues until you stumble upon the right guard. You're very lucky if you found it in three of four tries. Two tries is inhuman, and just one means that life is out to get me.

Korfball.

I'm starting to like that sport. It's sorta like an inverted basketball. If you have the ball, you stop. The great thing about it is that it's a different sport from basketball altogether. I dunno. I just have an innate aversion for basketball eh.

So aun. It's a cool sport, requiring teamwork.

Day 4.
Got to school pretty early, so we stopped by the Quadricentennial park to take in the early morning air. It was as if peace itself became the air. It took over and made me feel safe.








Met new professors today - Fil101 and SA. They're both great.

People are starting to let down their guards down more. It's funny, it almost felt like the class was still divided, and yet you somehow felt that you belonged.


That day, it rained; my first taste of UST life. it was refreshing. it felt like the rain had a different feel to it.




Day 5
Had fun all throughout the class today. Zoo101 was a bit freaky though. I was placed from the back to the front. OMG.

Mam Leticia, my Math101 prof, isn't a bad person at all. Her lessons are easy enough to understand. I think i feel safe, if only for a second.

This afternoon, we all agreed to round up the tropa. Yeah, we waited long. But it was worth the laughs we had. Well worth it.

It was surreal. There we were - an internet systems, a mechanical eng'g, a electrical eng'g, a biology, a nursing and yours truly, psychology student waiting for an fx. Shame Bonty couldn't make it though. sigh.




-------------------------------------------------------------------------------------


I guess nothing could have prepared me for college. Scratch all the trivia, the drama, the tests and the stress of your life away. Nothing prepares anyone for college.

I'm planning to explore Multiply. Seems like the best option eh. Nee-san once told me that you can place your blog posts on Multiply eh, kaya aun.

No comments: