Saturday, August 18, 2012

Tropical Love

Mood: fine
Now Playing: Skinny Love, Bon Iver

Sometimes, things are just indescribable.

On the way home from work today, (I work at BackCheck as an HR interviewer, by the way) I had two stops before going home. I stopped at Tropical Hut for breakfast, and the old parish church near home.

Tropical Hut recently just cemented over a good half of their premises. Literally - where at least two rows of tables and seats should have been stood a concrete wall. I'm thinking it got bought off, since the wall was made of concrete as opposed to the wooden walls construction usually use. Tropical Huts aren't really top of the line fast food chains. Have you ever seen a Tropical Hut at an SM before? I mean like a huge big spot, not in the food courts or something like that. I'm guessing they aren't really that hot at the moment.

But I don't know. I still like eating at that place. I've come to decide that I like breakfasts after all, and Tropical Hut still serve the same coffee that makes my stomach a bit funny. (Possibly because it comes with a glass of juice, so)

I like eating there.

-----------------------------------------------------------

Work has been pretty straightforward. I keep hearing plans on how long other people are going to stay, or maybe of what they're going to do after, but I don't know. I don't have any concrete shit going on.

Maybe I agree, when this morning over breakfast at McDo, people told me that the work can be kind of demeaning. I mean, no one ever graduates out of college thinking that he's going to interview people up. Even I don't want that.

But it's a start, I guess. I don't know if I'm just trying to convince myself that I'm not putting my life on hold. I have no idea if this is my brain talking, rationalizing stuff. I don't know by convincing myself that "it's just the first step of many" I'm covering up some stuff. I just don't.

The things I know about the future seem so little.


2 comments:

J said...

Hang in there ;)

dar said...

ate jeca! thanks. :) still hanging.