Sunday, August 5, 2012

Safe Harbor pt II

Mood: alright
Now Playing: she doesn't get it, the format


June

In my first interview, the interviewer asked me what my long term-plans were. I thought of saying the truth, but i decided at the last minute to say that I'm looking at the worlds right now, and i want to have a taste of this world. Then at the end of it, I changed my mind and said the truth: that I have always wanted a family.

I finally got around the city to go up and get some of the documents, and it wasn't really that bad at all. They were good days, good days indeed.

July
After a while, the interview questions are routine: what's your name, how many minutes will you be commuting if ever, how much will your rate be, yknow, those kind of things. Then suddenly, an interviewer stumps you with a question:  "in this position (HR recruiter for some firm) what do you think will be the most important question to ask an applicant?" after some thought, I came up with a fantastic "how interested are you in the position?" Needless to say, they never called.

I've been running around the city a lot during those days. In between, i slept and thought of how best to, yknow. Exist.

August
I've landed a job. I start on Aug 6, and today is Aug 5 already. I don't know what to feel, or even if i do want to feel. I feel like talking, but I don't want to talk. I've just gone a 48 hour family trip, and I'm tired as hell. But still, I've been writing for the past hour already.

As I'm typing this, the rain still won't let up, and it falls vertically, almost as straight as an arrow. I'm kind of missing the time when it swayed with the wind, and the raindrops danced. The droplets didn't fall as straight as they are now, but in random patterns, buoyed by the gusts of wind.

There really is no indirect meaning to what I am about to say, and it is random as I would allow myself in this public log, but I just need to get this off my chest. I'm kind of missing everybody.

3 comments:

Anonymous said...

We miss you too xD comment ka sa groups. And let's hang out soon. Watch Bourne Legacy probably xP

- 413 -

Paola Jane ♥ said...

congrats on your new job!

drylsmtr said...

@anon, lol thanks? hahaha. sure manure.

@ate pj! hahaha. shaks. ljdlaskjdlas. thank you too. still learning some stuff but so far it's interesting.