Thursday, August 28, 2014

I've Moved!


I've moved!

This blog has meant so much to me for whoa 5 years now, but it has run it's course. I feel too.. cluttered here. Encumbered. I find myself weighed down by the number of drafts i've kept here in perpetual limbo, too afraid to post, too nervous to be invigorated into action.

I've addressed this blog in the first person so many times, but i know the truth in that i address no one but myself. In many respects, thumbing through it now is like looking at mirror. It is, as i fear, painfully accurate - i can see past so many things. Some things, i forget. Others, i willfully force myself to.

Confession. I've kind of given up writing for a long while there. What little i've written from 2013-2014 are half-fictions - ideas that can neither stand on their own nor conclude their own endings - frustrated self-pitying posts that benefit no one and extremely vague entries that just hint at.. more vague things.

Rattled, i decided to write on pen and paper instead, as if the tangibility of my skin would allow the stories themselves to be more substantial, to be more real. Some pages i'd tear and burn. Others i merely doodled on. But there were a few i kept for the future me to use. Mostly letters, addressed to the future version of me.

I like writing. It feels nice to say this, not only because it reaffirms a strong part of my identity, but also because it's nice to actually do something i know i like for a change. Truthfully, I lack the training and sometimes I confuse myself with what I write. But i like it, y'know. I forgot how good it is to write just for the heck of it, as an end in itself.

It... really feels nice.

^ click! :)

No comments: