Sunday, January 2, 2011

How I Spent My Summer December, pt III

Mood: oks~! Now Playing:None


Paskuhan and The Things That Come After

So. Paskuhan. I honestly cannot remember what i did for last year's Paskuhan, so i decided to try attending this 2011 one. The last paskuhan i attended was way back when i was a freshman, and as far as i could remember, it was pretty awesome.

So this year, i was late. I was grabbing onto this pack of manila papers to keep them from running away from my fingers, i guess when this voice shouts out: "DING!" Thinking it was someone else, i continued on walking. But the voice was joined by another, until i was sure it was someone i knew. I whipped around and saw the siblings Kevin and Karen, plus Mikee and some guy i didn't know. Sorry if you're reading this, btw.

I haven't seen Kevin in months. He's this underclassman i knew way back in highschool, and we were both in the school paper together. "Oy, Kevin!" i said, pulling him into a manly shoulder bump. "Shet kamusta na?!" He grinned, i grinned, and just like that, for the next five minutes i was at SAS again.

So that's how i began my night - with that five minute nostalgia. I excused myself after a while amidst plenty of fist bumps and such. I picked my way through the hordes of little children (for everyone is a kid at a Paskuhan), gaining speed as i pushed myself here and there. As i inched across the crowds, the people were considerably lessening, until i could walk normally through the grass and i could see the patch of grass that we once called our own. I picked up my pace again, hurrying to see those bitches that have become a part of something that feels warm inside of me.

Paskuhan is always a wonderful time, and this time was no exception, i guess. The vibe was there, the groove was in, hell, even the scent of all it was there. I don't know why, but there were a lot of toys in that paskuhan, and soon enough, our camp was filled with bubbles and these soap suds that apparently leave a stain on brown things, plus those propellers that use a rubber band to launch them through the air. Told you everyone's a kid at paskuhan.

Anyway, when kamikazee started playing at the stage, we steeled ourselves to get near the stage, as word has it that pupil will be there. Plus the fireworks were better seen under the clear canopy of skies, not under the speckled patches in between the trees.

We were near the front, when everything all started at once: Pupil hitting the first few notes of their song, the first firework exploding at the sky, the first scream to be released from everybody's throats. Then suddenly, everything came rushing in an explosion of sound and i could only hold on to my ears for dear life as the crowds of people just kept whooping and clapping and ely's at the front of it all, stirring the crowd up.

Yeah. I was part of that.

---------------------------------------------

We stayed for a while after that - waiting for everybody's rides to come and pick them up. While we waited, we blew up bubble after bubble, retelling scary stories and not so scary stories. And i wanted to just curl up and listen to everyone around because they just kept on and on and everything just seemed so interesting and why the hell does this bubble blowing be so much fun?

Anyway, we were left with just three of us soon, and since it was late, i was seriously considering staying over. But there are some things that you can't just give up, so i made my exit at around 2 or was it 3 in the morning to get to a house in Paranaque on time for a promise. I was there in 30 minutes. Traffic evaporates at 2, you see.

It smelled like someone threw up, and someone really did.

Simbang Gabi was in full bloom by the time i staggered out of the house to hear the mass. I was nodding off as i stood, hitting people inadvertently with my shoulder. I was tired to the brim. I picked myself up after the mass and made my way back, cause i realized after much feeling of my pants pocket, that i had left my bubble blower at the house. I could only pray there was some bubbles left in there.

-------------------------------------------------------------------------------------

People Are Nicer When It Is December

So people are infinitely nicer in December. I give you two examples:

Example 1:
I was with my bro at UST, when we passed by this 7-11. Sakto namang may lumabas na may dalang tubig, mainit na cup na lucky me instant noodles at saka tinapay. Inabot nila yun sa nakaupong matanda sa gilid ng 7-11 ng nakangiti.

Example 2:
I was sitting in an FX, right at the back part, when unfortunately, my hand slipped while i was paying the fare. My coins slipped right under the seats and for a good 5 minute or so, the ones at the middle were rummaging inside their seats when the driver just have a shrug and said, "sige iho, okay lang un"


I rest my case. :)

No comments: